Spread the Fragrance
I wanted to come up with a clever introduction like most journalists do for this month's posting- but every time I start writing, my eye falls on the heading and I find myself daydreaming about moving and shaking to a a super cool song.  Yes,  I know - it is a bit weird. But there is a groove in my heart that I can't explain. It is a mixture between hip-hop and African drum dancing. I can even hear a MAMMA from the Eastern Cape "HI LI LI LI" in the background. No, I am not on medication or weed. And yes, it does sound a bit like Ally Mcbeal. But in my defence, I'm not seeing a strange-looking baby :)



My feet are happy. Similar to the movie, I can't shake this urge to jump up and down, hop side-ways and do a slick "Michael Jackson" double turn. Jip, its pure joy.



For month's I've been deliberating  on certain struggles and challenges that I had to work through with God. But one thing I might have neglected to mention was that in these difficult times, I've always been expectant for God to come through in a miraculous way. Each new life lesson  teaches me a new dance move,so that when victory comes, I'm ready to express the pure JOY I experience from seeing a good and gracious God reveal Himself in my life. It is my HAPPY DANCE (oh it's so much fun!)

A happy dance is different from going to the club. It is joy - an overwhelming feeling of awe and excitement when you see impossibilities turned into possibilities. It is a revelation that you are loved by a powerful God, and that He is a Father that delights in doing the miraculous for His children. Your feet start dancing to the beat of a "good news" song that reveals Jesus in your every day life. It is the song of miracles!

Allow me to share a few miracle dance moves:

ONE JUMP UP AND DOWN FOR FRUITFULNESS! 

At the young age of sixteen, one of my best friend's from high school was told that she was unable to have children. We were all shocked and devastated by the discovery, and for almost fifteen years we were praying and supporting her while she had to disclose the information to her future husband, go through endless nights of petitioning God and holding fast to His promises of fruitfulness. There were many questions, numerous discussions and not a lot of hope . So imagine my surprise (and awesome dance moves!) when I received a message from her announcing that she was pregnant. (Victory...Yes...HI LI LI LI!)

ONE SLIDE TO THE LEFT FOR PROVISION!

No posting will be complete without mentioning my husband (this time without a disastrous food recipe!) George trusted God for a new job. He wanted to do what he was passionate about, but needed God to open a door. We prayed about it, and trusted  God to show us the way. So, when he received a message on his Linkedin profile one Thursday morning from a recruitment agent  offering him an opportunity to do his dream job, it seemed to good to be true...and too easy. However, six interviews later and an employment contract in hand, we are not suspicious any more. OH NO...we are DANCING! (Victory Yes....HI LI LI LI!). I will share more about this in next month's blog posting - the sequel to "Unconventional marriage advice."

ONE SLICK "MICHAEL JACKSON" TURN FOR THE FULFILMENT OF DREAMS!

Dreams do come true. I can testify to it.  One evening, when I was 24, I sat in a prayer meeting where God gave me a dream to start my own company. (Wow...I was over the moon....imagine a super slick dance move!) He also showed me the people he wanted me to partner with. Fast forward six years, and God miraculously placed us in the same proximity and gave all of us the vision and passion to start our own company. So we did! (Victory...Yes....HI LI LI LI!)

Join me as we master the art of the Happy Dance.

Yes girl, shake it!

Jump! Do a double-turn!

Move those happy feet!

Shout for JOY! 

VICTORY IS OURS....HI LI LI LI!

Rom 10:15
And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written "How beautiful (and happy) are the feet of those who bring good news!" Words in bold inserted by Laetitia :)



(For the reader: Hi li li is my version of an African shout, typical at tribal dances!)



0 Responses

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post